Learning about career transition.
- Take some time to think about your future professional projects and aspirations.
- Find information about how to get support for a smooth career transition - today or tomorrow!
Danse Transition recommends professional dancers to anticipate the moment of leaving the stage and invite them to attend these workshops, even if they don't have yet a immediate career transition project in mind. Actually, being aware of the issues encountered in life after performance can help prevent them and prepare for an easier transition. One-to-one counselling is also a useful service for the preparation of career transition, providing a personal and confidential approach.
Workshops and information sessions are made to help the dancer in the organisation of his/her professional career by providing practical tools and knowledge. These workshops are also the occasion for dancers to broaden their network and be able to share and discuss their common experiences.
Various key issues of retraining will be addressed : choice of professional orientation, transition projects' design, planning, implementation and funding. The workshop will provide practical solutions to these problems and aims to demystify this moment.
Information and registration
Phone +41 78 878 58 01 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Directors, if you are willing to provide your dancers with a chance to get informed about career transition, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
Speed-Dating for dancers and discussion "Dancers and athletes in transition"
October, 27th 2018 Dampzentrale Bern, Marzilistrasse 47
Get inspired! Choose a new career!
14h at the Studio - Dampfzentrale
Get inspired by « Speed Dating » with dancers who successfully pursued in a new profession. Share ideas and take advantage from others' experience and network. Benefit from individual counseling. With:
- Sergei Aschwanden: Villars-sur-Ollon’s ski station director, Porte des Alpes’ Tourist Association general director, politicien, former judoka
- Yann Aubert: Dance specialist at Pro Helvetia and Swiss Olympic Coach in competitive sports with federal diploma, former dancer
- Nora Dürig: Yoga teacher and Rolfing®, former dancer Ballet Zürich
- Sebastian Gibas: Special needs educator, administrator, former dancer and choreographer St. Gallen
- Nicole Jaquemet: Management Consultant, former football captain and member of the Swiss National team
DISCUSSION"Dancers and athletes in transition" 17h at Studio - Dampfzentrale
This discussion points out the issues encountered by dancers and high performance athletes when transitioning into a new career path.
What are the similarities and differences? How can we support high performers in transferring their exceptional skills? What are the possibilities for building a common network? Participants:
- Sergei Aschwanden
- Yann Aubert
- Nicole Jaquemet
Alessandra Mattana (Danse Transition) and Oliver Dähler (SSUDK)
Organized by Danse Transition and the SSUDK (Schweizerische Stiftung für die Umschulung von darstellenden Künstlerinnen und Künstlern), in collaboration with the Dampfzentrale Bern, Danse Suisse and the SBKV (Schweizerischer Bühnenkünstlerverband).